Server Software Requirements
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows Server 2008+
- Web server: Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.5
- Database: Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MS Access
- ASP.Net 4.0
- COM+ (for cm3 server components)
Server Hardware Requirements
- Pentium IV 2+ Ghz CPU
- 2 Gb+ recommended
- 300 Mb hard disk space
- Fast hard disks recommended
Note that best performance for your website may depend on its design and the amount of traffic it serves. Advanced server installations including standalone application and database systems as well as load balancing systems can be supported by cm3.
Client Software Requirements
Your Website, App or Content Delivery Interface
- No specific requirements. Content can be output to multiple channels in multiple formats.
- Cookies required for full personalization and authentication functionality
- Standard administrative system is web based
- Standards compliant web browser (Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Internet Explorer 9+)
- 1024x768 screen size with 16 bit colour
- Cookies enabled
No addtional third party products are required for the basic operation of cm3.
Optional Integrated Components
The following additional components are directly integrated with cm3. All the following components are either free, open source, or supplied with the cm3 installation package.
- The Windows scheduler system is used to trigger some CMS operations. Access to the server to configure a single Windows scheduler instance is highly recommended.
- Dimac w3Jmail 4.1+, free edition (supplied with cm3)
- GD image library DLL - Enables cm3's advanced image manipulation API commands (supplied with cm3)
- Script Utilities upload component (supplied with cm3)
- Swish-e search engine - Used with cm3's advanced XML based index and search module (supplied with cm3)
Optional Server Systems
- SSL (if encrypted communications desired). We use Thawte SSL certificates.