Version 6 of the cm3 Acora CMS platform has been around for quite a while now. Plenty of our clients have been using it in production environments for the past year or so. However there are still a number of version 5 installations floating around. So with the release of our latest upgrade this month we thought it might be a good idea to list some of the most exciting differences between the version 5 and version 6 platforms.
Keep in mind that these are just some of the highlights. We'll write some more about these features another day, but feel free to ask us questions or leave a comment in the meantime.
- Multi-site management platform, and updated licensing policy
- Powerful personalization capability built right into content pages (the <personalize> tag)
- Built in device targeting, geolocation, user targeting, and other personalization options
- Dynamic, programmable in-page widget framework
- Super charged caching engine
- Automatic code optimization
- Robust customization framework - easier development, easier upgrades
- Smart, true WYSIWYG preview with no development effort
- Manage multiple content elements at once in a tabbed administration view
- Flexible, powerful forms manager
- Major mailouts module upgrades including a new UI, user database integration, dynamic list filtering, real time email design previews, and built-in delivery reports
- Powerful URL handling and redirections module
- Mobile push notifications module
- Upgraded automatic backups module
- Security upgrades (as a result of formal penetration testing)
- Single sign on through Active Directory and other methods
- Responsive website templates out of the box
- Upgraded white site with new and improved features
- Inline content editing (currently experimental)
- Full, automatic versioning and version comparison tools for content and templates
- Overhauled administrative system interface - it's fast, pretty, and includes heaps of new functions
And just as a reminder, there are plenty of other noteworthy features in the platform.
The Latest Release
The current cm3 Acora CMS version is 6.5.2/1, released on 20th October 2014.
I heard a few murmurs from the back of the room... "Is it worth upgrading if my site is on version 6.2 or 6.3?" Yes it is! Let us know if you'd like a more granular list of the differences between your version and the latest one.
Here are a few example sites running on the version 6 platform.